LEARN THE ROPES
Come and learn the technical skills required to climb and belay using methods other than that described in our safety briefing.
Our specially tailored class content is developed by Climb Central and aims to help you be proficient enough to pass our Verification Test, or a similar test at any other climbing gym in the world.
Classes are conducted by experienced instructors certified by the Climbing Wall Association (CWA) and trained to impart these skills in an efficient and effective way while ensuring your safety during the class.
Progression: Top Rope Climbing → Lead Climbing → Going Outdoors
TOP ROPE CLIMBING
For beginners with little or no climbing experience.
Increase your safety awareness by learning and adopting best practices that are fundamental to climbing and belaying.
Class will cover
• Tie in with a figure 8 knot
• Belaying with tubular & Assisted Braking Devices
• Climber & belayer best safety practices
Can I Join
• 13 years old and above
• No prior experience required
• Climbed once or twice and want to know more about climbing and climbing safety
Climb Central Sports Hub, Novena and Funan
All of that
* Book 2 weeks in advance to enjoy early bird discounts! All prices comprise of entrance fees, rental of equipment and 1 complimentary verification at Climb Central. Booking is required and no make-up for classes missed. We reserve the right to cancel the class if there are fewer than 3 participants.
For confident climbers that are ready to progress beyond.
Learn to lead climb and belay in a controlled indoor setting.
Practice your skills by taking as many sessions as you require.
Lead Intro Class:
• Clipping of pre-placed quickdraws
• Lead belaying with tubular device
• Fall arrest basics
(Prerequisite: Climbing grade of 2p / 6a & completed Top Rope Verification)
Lead Practice Class:
• Lead belaying with Assisted Braking Devices
• Climber awareness and efficient clipping
• Belayer positioning and dynamic catches
(Prerequisite: Completed Lead Intro Class or any other lead climbing class)
Climb Central Sports Hub only
All of that
$65/pax (Practice only)*
$140/pax (1 Intro + 1 Practice)*
$165/pax (1 Intro +2 Practice)* – recommended for climbers picking up lead climbing for the first time
* Book 2 weeks in advance to enjoy early bird discounts! All prices comprise of entrance fees, rental of equipment and 1 complimentary verification at Climb Central. Suitable for 13 years old and above. Booking is required and no make-up for classes missed. We reserve the right to cancel the class if there are fewer than 3 participants.
For climbers looking for supplementary instruction
Specialised, ad-hoc workshops to help you make the transition from indoor to outdoor climbing. Learn more about the different environment considerations and increase your technical knowledge base.
Workshop themes include but are not limited to outdoor climbing, multi-pitch climbing and self-rescue skills.
While most of the skills acquired indoor are transferrable to an outdoor environment, there’s definitely a lot more involved... If you’re looking to start climbing outdoors, we recommend that you always start out with an experienced and qualified climbing guide.